Total Sports is seeking an individual to drive the growth of The Art of Coaching Softball platform. The right applicant will have proven success developing strategic relationships, managing projects and being engaged in several aspects of a company, including sales, marketing, content, special events and product development. This position requires multifaceted talent to establish revenue opportunities, increase visibility in the marketplace and identify channels to generate compelling content for www.theartofcoachingsoftball.com. Experience playing and/or coaching softball at an advanced level provides the necessary perspective and background to lead the company’s initiatives in this sport. The right candidate will be extremely comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and possess a team-first approach. This full-time position is located in San Diego, CA.
- Identify strategies to generate best-in-class content and grow AOC Softball’s library of coaching resources
- Develop strategic partnership, sponsorship and marketing opportunities focused on growing key aspects of The Art of Coaching Softball
- Collaborate on the planning and development of content projects to ensure timely completion and adherence to the company’s standards for quality
- Manage softball video content inventory and website posting schedule
- Serve as a primary contact for AOC Softball’s Advisory and Advancement Board and key contributors
- With the Director of Events, coordinate the planning and execution of The Art of Coaching Softball clinic series
- Collaborate on the planning and successful implementation of all marketing programs, initiatives and campaigns
- Work with company personnel, its agency and development team to coordinate the desired content, appearance and features on www.theartofcoachingsoftball.com
- Develop strong relationships with key organizations, associations and companies within the Softball communities and industry
- Lead the planning and development of AOC Softball retail products
- With the President/COO, develop and manage annual revenue and expense budgets
- Incubate new ideas and initiatives to improve customer/user experience, enhance the AOC Softball platform, expand audience and awareness and attract and retain more customers
- Bachelor’s degree required. Business, Marketing or Sport Management degree preferred
- 3+ years of previous ecommerce, marketing, product management, event or sports/lifestyle industry experience
- Competitive athletics and/or coaching background
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with industry professionals and strategic partners
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite programs
- Experience with WordPress and Adobe products (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) preferred
- Advanced communication skills (oral and written)
- Team-centric, positive approach with a professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Domestic travel (approximately 4-8 times per year)
- Availability to work a limited number of evenings and weekends (approximately 4-8 times per year)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Founded in 2011, Total Sports is the operator of www.theartofcoachingvolleyball.com, www.theartofcoachingsoftball.com, and www.theartofcoachingfootball.com, which offer unsurpassed online content to coaches. Drills, practice plans, game management strategies and mental preparation tips are all part of the comprehensive resources delivered by top international coaching professionals in each sport. In addition, The Art of Coaching conducts a series of coaching clinics across North America where top collegiate and Olympic coaches provide intensive hands-on training.
The Art of Coaching Softball was built upon the idea that coaches need coaches every bit as much as players need coaches. Heading our knowledgeable team of instructors are two of softball’s premier coaches: U.S. national team coach Ken Eriksen and UCLA assistant coach Kirk Walker. They first worked together in 2000 with a pool of coaches that helped prepare the USA team for the Sydney Olympics, and they share an enthusiasm for educating coaches in a collaborative way.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected], noting the job title in the subject line of your message.
We are also looking to hire a Member Services Manager for all of our sports, if you are interested, you can view that position here: Member Services Manager.